Sunday, June 10, 2012

Tutorial on Magnets

I have been meaning to purchase number magnets for Asher for awhile now but kept forgetting or could not find them when I remembered I wanted them so decided to make my own (with his assistance of course)

Acrylic bubbles, magnets, glue, scissors. I found a font I liked and printed it on regular paper.

Cut out circles of paper


Paint a small amount of Gel medium onto the acrylic bubble then place the paper circle onto bubble then apply another layer of Gel medium let dry. Then apply the magnets to them with glue and let dry.

Asher's picture including cupcake half eaten that I made him


I used Gel Medium so the paper would not  stick as well as create a protective layer on the paper in case of water contact (ie squirt guns)

Finished Product

Fun little project with my beloved 3 year old. We also made play-dough today. I tried to use natural food dies but it didn't' turn out so good. No wonder they use the fake food die stuff.
FYI spinach did not make it very green more like brown.
coffee made it smell so gross and not turn dirt brown.
Berries made it pink but sticky.
Think I will use food coloring next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment